Why More People Are Choosing to Get Their Dryer Vents Cleaned
The clothes dryer - an appliance that most homeowners rely upon on a continual basis.
However, should this machine - its vent in particular - not be properly and regularly maintained, it can present a significant fire hazard to homes and establishments.
To put things in perspective, thousands of avoidable fires are known to occur every year around the country due to clogged dryer vents.
This is why it is important for your own safety to ensure that your dryer vents stay clean by utilising the right dryer vent cleaning tools.
The Steps You Can Take to Keep Your Dryer Vent Clean
Many homeowners claim to clean their lint-traps every so often. Unfortunately, this inconsistency is not sufficient enough to prevent a spark of fire from happening as a result of a clogged dryer vent.
The best way to keep your risk of fire at bay is by ensuring that the opening of the dryer pipe outside is not blocked by debris that can accumulate over time. Why is this important? Because, when the dryer vent exhaust is cordoned off it can begin to overheat and attract fire.
In uncertain circumstances, contracting professional cleaning services can help make sure your dryer vent is free of lint accumulation as they use the appropriate dryer vent cleaning tools and products.
What Are the Warning Signs to Clean Dryer Vents?
Whether or not your dryer vents are cleaned by professionals, one thing remains true – you need to personally be aware of the symptoms that your dryer vent is clogged and requires cleaning. Here are some of the more common instances to look out for:
- Clothes noticeably damp after a undergoing a complete cycle.
- Problems with the dryer vent hood flap, e.g. not opening as it should during a drying run.
- Considerable increase in drying time duration.
- Finding a substantial amount of debris within your dryer vent opening.
- The room in which the dryer is situated has a dramatic rise in temperature upon operation.
- It has been a prolonged period of time (>1 year) since specialised dryer vent cleaning tools were used to unclog your vents.